Wednesday, June 27

Orange trifle

An easy to make dessert if u have all the ingredients in hand. I had wanted to prepare trifle for a long time and when I googled for it I found interesting recipes.I did not have a trifle bowl with me,but it came out well, tasted great and was a big hit with us.This is my entry for this month's AFAM hosted by Sharmi of Neivedyam.


Read here for the health benefits of Oranges




Ingredients

Vanilla/orange cake mix or store bought pound/angel cake
Instant vanilla pudding mix- 1 medium pack
Frozen whipped topping-1 tub
oranges-5 peeled and segmented
condensed milk- 1 small can
milk- 1/2 cup

method

Bake the cake and prepare the pudding according to the package instructions.
Cut the cake into small rectangular pieces(2"x1").
Now everything is ready to set the trifle.
In a trifle bowl or any glass bowl arrage the cake pieces. pour some milk to soften the cake.
Arrange the orange pieces on top of it. spoon in some condensed milk on top of the fruit.
Pour in the prepared custard into a thin layer(thin or thick layer depends upon the size of the bowl.If u have a small bowl then it is better to have thin layers). Then add the whipped cream.
Repeat these layers once again.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.

Check out this interesting trifle from which I made mine.

22 comments:

Sharmi said...

The Orange trifle looks awesome. I am craving for some. thanks for the beautiful entry. so many yummy combinations in there.is pudding mix different from custard powder?

Prema Sundar said...

Thanks Sharmi for accepting my late entry. yes pudding mix is different from custard powder. Its the JELLO instant pudding and pie filling , which u can easily find in grocery stores.

indosungod said...

Prema yummy dessert. looks lovely too.

Richa said...

such a yummy dessert, each and every part of the dessert in itself is tasty :)

archana said...

This is a fantastic dessert. So easy to assemble. Nice entry Prema :)

Sreelu said...

Prema,

Looks so delish and seems very simple to make too.

Roopa said...

wow lovely looks delicious!

sra said...

that little bit of orange on the top in the second photo made me laugh - the dish looks good, have never tried orange trifle

Bharathy said...

Trifle looks fabulous and an easy to make one...
I could make out you were busy,Prema..
Just missed to say...I MISSED YOU Terribly!!!

Viji said...

Very interesting prema. Really tempting to taste. Viji

Sandeepa(Bong Mom's CookBook/DesiMomzClub) said...

Thats a great dessert. Instead of whipped cream, maybe I will add some ice cream , its sumer

TNL said...

That looks beautiful..I love the colors in it!

trupti

Shobana senthilkumar said...

Hmmmmmmm.....trifle looks yummy..

Mishmash ! said...

hmm..trifles are tasty at the same time a great dessert for any parties or potluck dinners....its been long since i made a trifle...mine is usually a mixed fruit one and never tasted the orange one...looks colourful :)

Shn

Sharmi said...

Prema honey you did not give me the picture of you trifle till the end. I took it from your blog illegaly. waithe for long dear sorry.

Sharmi said...

oh a typo!! I meant waited for long for you email.

Prema Sundar said...

sorry Sharmi ... for got to send it.. Thanks for doing that illegal work this time Sharmi..

USHA said...

Hey Prema....What to say...the colourful trifle is full of my eye...i loved the recipe...its interesting too...
Its really new to me..never ever heard of it.Thanks of sharing.

Revathi said...

Prema
Did onion chutney from ur blog. came out very well. thanks

Shah cooks said...

i always assocaited trifle with bright colored fruits.. strawberries,mangoes..rasberries.. never thot of trying with orange. why don't u add orange juice instead of milk over the cake? does it make it too sour?what kind of oranges?

Prema Sundar said...

Yes Shaheen u can use orange juice too(thats a good one). I used navel oranges.. U can use clementines too.

Priyanka said...

this is such a beautiful,easy mouthwatering desert. goes on my to-do-list. thanks for sharing.