Wednesday, January 31

Rasmalai

Spongy Rasmalai is one of my favourite desert. There are many ways of making rasmalai and lots of my fellow bloggers have blogged rasmalai. This is my way of doing it. I use readymade rasagullas for making rasmalai as this is an easy way to do it.


Ingredients

Full cream milk- 1.5 ltrs
Sugar-150 gms
Haldirams Rasagullas- 1 tin
pistachios- a few crushed
yellow food colour(optional)
saffron- a few strands

Method

Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan or kadai. when the milk is hot ,take a tbsp of it and soak the saffron strands in it. Add the crushed pistachios to it.

Reduce the flame and stir in between till the amount of the milk reduces to half.

Squeeze out the juice from all the rasagullas and flatten it with ur hands.

Add the sugar ,food colour, stir it and add the rasagullas and saffron soaked milk. Remove from heat after 2 minutes. Refeigerate and serve chilled
Check out more versions of Rasmalai below

19 comments:

Dr. Soumya Bhat said...

hoo laalaa..my goodness.It looks so awesome.i just cant stop my mouth watering.hmm..

Linda said...

Hi Prema, I have not tried my hand at many desserts yet -- I might have to change that now with your recipe. Looks wonderful! :)

USHA said...

Hi Prema,


Wonderful,looks awesome.Actually i'm planning to do in short,so got all the ingredients needed and was searching for the receipe in net past2days..

Luckily got yours and the sites suggested by you.Thanks alot.

LERA said...

Wow! prema,you've posted a Tempting picture ,wish I could get to pick one off the PC,I'm droooooling:)

Kavitha said...

Hi Prema
Rasmalai is my most favorite sweet!!!! And your recipe makes it so easy... I will definitely try it.

sailu said...

Delicious looking rasamalai! One of my fav indian sweets.

Sailaja

Krithika said...

Delicious !!

FH said...

I love this too.Pista on top looks great.I have one too but I labeled it as Basundi and made of Ricotta cheese.

Syam said...

aaga mouth watering :-)

Unknown said...

Prema..i too make rasmalai out of tin rasagullas..that's an easy way right?..and tastes almost the same , sometimes even better..yours looks delicious with that greenish pistas...

Suma Gandlur said...

Prema,
Just mouth watering.I love them.This is the dessert I used to order at restaurants when I was in India.Here I prepare them the same way as you mentioned.Ummm!!!

Menu Today said...

Hi Prema,
I too follow the same procedure. I already posted it. Yours look so nice. Thanks for sharing.

indosungod said...

Prema the rasmalai looks awesome. Seems easy to make them with rasagullas.

TNL said...

Looks great! and so easy from the usual way of making it.

Trupti

Vani said...

Wow!! Looks mouthwatering!

Bong Mom said...

Looks so good..great way of presenting Prema
I too do it this way and isn't it quick

Pavani said...

yum.. yum.. can I have some???? They look delicious Prema.. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Prema Sundar said...

Thanks guys for all your encouraging comments.. Happy to know that u all liked it.

food freak said...

Wow!! Looks so yummy, i am sure gona try this and surprise my family..how i wud love to hog on them! And actually it's so simple as well..coz we use readymade gollas..